Grab Service Types
Grab Service Types
There are different types of services on Grab to cater to every passengers’ needs. Each service has its own set of fares as well as requirements to be on that service type; such as the car model, driver’s performance, etc.
Rejected Car Models
- Perodua Kelisa
- Perodua Viva
- Perodua Kancil
- Perodua Kembara
- Perodua Kenari
- Inokom Atos (Old model 2007-2010)
- Inokom Matrix
- Renault Kangoo
- Proton Wira
- Proton Iswara
- Proton Gen 2
- Proton Savvy
- Proton Satria Neo (2 Doors)
- Proton Waja (Only rejected in Sabah)
- Kia Spectra/Naza Spectra
- Kia Sutera/Naza Sutera
- Kia Picanto/Naza Picanto(Old model 2007-2010)
- Honda CR-Z (2 Doors)
- Hyundai Getz (Old model 2007-2010)
- Hyundai i10 (Old model 2007-2010)
- Chevrolet Aveo (Old model 2007-2010)
- Changan Era CM8
- Pick up trucks (Only rejected in West Malaysia)
- 2 Doors Vehicles
- Taxi vehicles / Personal Advertised vehicles
*If your car model is NOT listed in this Rejected Cars List, it means it is currently accepted in Grab.
**In compliance with Malaysia’s e-hailing regulations, only vehicles manufactured less than 10 years will be accepted. However, kindly be informed that vehicles aged 9 years and above will not be able to renew the road tax beyond 10 years.
For example: If your vehicle is 9 years and 5 months when your road tax expires, you can only renew it to 10 years old.
The addition or removal of a car model is subjected to Grab’s discretion. All decisions made by Grab are final and binding.
JustGrab is a fixed-fare on-demand service, which brings together both taxis and cars across Malaysia. This means that a passenger who books a JustGrab will be assigned the nearest vehicle, regardless of whether it is a taxi or a car.
JustGrab is the default service type that all driver-partners in Klang Valley will have when they join the Grab platform.
Eligibility Criteria for JustGrab (GrabCar)
- Vehicles manufactured in 2009 and newer
- All vehicle models are accepted for JustGrab unless it is listed in the Rejected Car List above
- Pick up truck (Only in East Malaysia)
- Driver Rating : > 4.5 stars
- Cancellation Rate: Minimum
- No excessive cancellations/ disciplinary issues
- For taxis: must have a valid PSV licence
GrabCar Driver Registration Form:
Grab Driver Requirements:
- Car Manufactured year 2009 and above.
- Malaysian Citizen(MyKad Only) aged 21-years old and above.
- Blue MyKad holder only (MyTentera and MyPR are NOT accepted)
- Driving License D/DA (P License NOT accepted)
- IOS/Android Smartphone.
Required documents and sample photos for Grab Driver registration. (Refer Registration Form for sample of documents)
- Profile Photo
- It will be used as a Display Photo for your Grab Driver App. Strictly no cap/hat nor sunglasses.
- IC Photo (Front)
- Take a photo of your IC. Scanned/Photostate NOT accepted. Ensure there’s no flash on the details of the IC.
- Car Insurance Covernote
- Take a photo of your car insurance covernote.
- Makesure your name is inside the insurance covernote Driver List.
- Covernote required is the page contains full details of the car e.g. chassis number, engine number, policy pricing.
- JPJ Grant Photo
- Original copy of your JPJ Grant is required.
For new unregistered drivers, shall you still have issues in register Grab Driver, click the link below to whatsapp our group admins.
+60168000804 (BM, English)
+60163168357 (BM, English, Mandarin)